Unfortunately this has also shown me how unpleasant doing my ethnography on this space would be. The space has mostly an academic culture and would be very dry and uninteresting to write about. It doesn't seem to be a very lively place, and most people just seem to keep to themselves.
I am now highly considering switching to another space to research, preferably a more social one that I can observe with more interest. I find it unlikely that I could convince anyone to view this space as interesting or get involved with it. More sources for it would be less than easy to come by as well.
"MacAdam student observatory." College of arts and sciences, dept. of physics and astronomy. N.p., 9-17-2013. Web. 19 Sep 2013. <http://pa.as.uky.edu/observatory>.
With this new information, Kyle, I would ask what you're thinking of switching to? What kinds of spaces do you think would be more interesting? What are you looking for out of a space? What are you particularly interested in?
ReplyDelete