Thursday, November 21, 2013

12 Things That Only Serious Gamers Will Understand  

            For the most part this list was really accurate in depicting the game community, with a few exceptions. Meme number 5 doesn't have a lot of truth to it, even with a large amount of time I’ve put into video games I have yet to see my hands as what actions on a controller they would perform yet. So either I just haven’t become a serious gamer yet or the author is over exaggerating a little, I’m going to go with the latter option. Meme number 7 is just straight up wrong, there is a lot of shame in intense public gaming, and public gaming in general. Go ahead and pull out your old handheld gaming device in a crowded area and see if you don’t get weird looks. Other gamers probably won’t judge you, but the average person will. Meme number 8 is surprisingly accurate, a game ruining a friendship might seem a little far-fetched but it happens. A few years ago I witnessed two guys get into a fist fight over Mario Kart on my bus because one of them was hit with a blue shell right before he reached the finish line causing him to lose the race. Meme 11 describes serious gamers perfectly, when you get really into a game it does not matter what the weather is outside all you care about is playing the game. The 1st meme is true as well, it feels almost impossible to quit a level until you complete, and walking away for a while feels like giving up.

            Though some of the stereotypes in this list are exaggerated for comedic effect, most of it is still true. However I don’t feel like you would have to be a gamer to recognize most of these things, which kind of makes the list seem unoriginal.

No comments:

Post a Comment